Saturday, August 6, 2011

Copper Bracelet

I'm so excited to share my first completed piece of jewelry art!  I've dabbled in jewelry making and other crafts over the years, but never found a medium that I felt confident in.  Recently, I began playing with copper wire after finding a book at the library.  One of the pieces in Sharilyn Miller's book, Contemporary Copper Jewelry, inspired this bracelet.


The last photo is my favorite.  I love how it looks in natural light.  I'm playing around with the photography a little bit to see what works best.  I wanted to show what the bracelet looks like on the wrist, but I don't think that photot does it justice.  Each of the links and dangles are handmade.  After assembling the bracelet, I gave it a bath in liver of sulfur to get the color I was after.  I cleaned it up with 000 steel wool and polished it with a jewelry cloth. 

 I've been working on other projects all week, but I've run out of wire!  I can't wait to show you my next creation.

2 comments:

  1. ok I love the jewlery...my favorite is the bracelet..are you selling these? if so..how much?
    Have you listed any one etsy? I think these would really sell, Amy..and post some pictures on facebook too..great Christmas gifts..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your encouraging words, Gretch! I haven't set a price on the bracelet yet, but it was an intricate design. Probably between $30-$40. The head of SMARTS in Yo. (it's an art program at YSU) saw my blog and wants me to contact her when I have some more pieces! I may even be able to sell them at The Butler!

    ReplyDelete